University of Wrocław
Plac Grunwaldzki 2/4
Instytut Matematyczny PAN / Mathematical Institute PAN
Office: IM UWr room no. 507
Phone: +48 71 375 7464
I work in the Mathematical Institute at the University of Wrocław and in the Mathematical Institute of Polish Academy of Sciences as assistant professor.
I finished my PhD in Mathematics at University of Wrocław in 2009. My research interests are concentrated around mathematical logic, model theory, algebra, group theory and algebraic geometry.
- Assistant professor in the Mathematical Institute of PAN, (09.2015- ) On leave.
- Research fellow at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem within ERC grant (09.2014 - 09.2015)
- Assistant professor in the Mathematical Institute of University of Wrocław, (10.2012- ).
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral research fellowship at the University of Leeds 10.2010-09.2012.
- PhD in Mathematics from the University of Wrocław, 09.2009.
Teaching (in Polish): Semestr zimowy 2018/2019
- Grzegorz Jagiella (finished 2015)
Papers and preprints:
- Światosław R. Gal, J. Gismatullin (appendix by Nir Lazarovich) Uniform symplicity of groups with proximal action, Transactions of the Ams (series B), 4 (2017), 110-130 Link,
- J. Gismatullin, K. Krupiński On model-theoretic connected components in some group extensions Journal of Mathematical Logic 15 (2015), no. 2, 1550009, 51 pp.
- J. Gismatullin, D. Penazzi, A. Pillay Some model theory of SL(2,R) Fund. Math. 229 (2015), no. 2, 117–128
- J. Gismatullin, D. Penazzi, A. Pillay On compactifications and the topological dynamics of definable groups Ann. Pure Appl. Logic 165 (2014), no. 2, 552–562
- N. Bowler, C. Chen, J. Gismatullin Model theoretic connected components of finitely generated nilpotent groups J. Symbolic Logic 78 (2013), no. 1, 245–259
- J. Gismatullin Boundedly simple groups of automorphisms of trees J. Algebra 392 (2013), 226–243
- J. Gismatullin Model theoretic connected components of groups Israel J. Math. 184 (2011), 251–274
- J. Gismatullin Combinatorial geometries of field extensions Bull. Lond. Math. Soc. 40 (2008), no. 5, 789–800
- J. Gismatullin, L. Newelski G-compactness and groups Arch. Math. Logic 47 (2008), no. 5, 479–501
Preprints, submitted or under preparation
- J. Gismatullin, Absolute connectedness and classical groups
- J. Gismatullin, Model theoretic connected components via characters
- J. Gismatullin, Nonclosed products of conjugacy classes
(2016/17 L) Algebra 2B
(2016/17 L) VBA