Model theory and related topics
University Manchester, Department of Mathematics
3-7 July, 2023
Home     Speakers     Participants
Abstracts of talks     Practical information     Organising committee
Over the years model-theoretic methods have produced sophisticated techniques that apply to (and interact with) various areas of Mathematics, such as number theory, field arithmetic, dynamical systems, valued fields, and algebraic/analytic geometry. The goal of the meeting is to bring together groups working on applications of model theory (in particular, neostability) to field theory, valuation theory, complex exponentiation, fields with operators, real-analytic geometry, and problems in diophantine geometry. The meeting will expose participants to the variety of connections that model theory continues to have with all these diverse areas of mathematics.
The main scientific topics of the event will be (but are not restricted to):
- analytic o-minimal expansions of the reals,
- differential, difference, and exponential polynomial rings,
- functional transcendence,
- model-theoretic properties of algebraic-differential equations
- model theory of valued fields and arithmetic problems
- tame expansions of fields
This conference is supported by EPSRC Grant EP/V03619X/1 and by
the University of Manchester.